These are wondrous exciting days we live in, and God is on the move. As God brings us into this whole new world, He is doing a massive clean-up. One of the key strategies of God in this season is to free His body from the clutches of the jezebelic spirit.
The Lord has spoken very clearly to us as a community through - scripture, personal conviction, and prophetic voices worldwide - that we must not tolerate the tactics of jezebel amongst us.
In a move of God, and especially with a prophetic community, Jezebel wants to silence the voice of God's children. The following is an informative piece (with major portions added by Jennifer LeClaire) about how to recognise and deal with this.
We see Queen Jezebel in the Old Testament - a prophet-killing monarch and murderer who was ultimately eaten by dogs. We also see Jezebel, a woman who calls herself a prophetess, in Revelation 2:20. Jezebel is a spirit of seduction that works to woo you away from Jesus through idolatry and tempt you to defile yourself.
Before we move on to the ways in which Jezebel manifests - which is not an exhaustive list - remember that people influenced by this spirit have fear issues and use control and manipulation to ease those fears and the fear of rejection. They figure they can't be hurt or wounded if they control things. We need to separate the principality from the personality - loving the person and hating the spirit that holds them in bondage. It is also important to note that the jezebel spirit can operate through men as well, not just women.
18 Ways Jezebel Operates
1. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit are full of fear and bitterness. You will notice a pattern in the stories they tell, of being repeatedly rejected (or perceived rejection) and offended by the people in their lives.
2. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit play the victim. They want your pity.
3. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit target the leader. They usually offer to help where help is desperately needed that puts them close to the leader. Often, they position themselves as a gifted intercessor.
4. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit will begin to spread a counter-vision within the body. This may appear to be simple difference in perspective, but at the root of it is actually a spirit of division, rebellion, and their own agenda.
5. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit make false covenants they don't intend to keep in order to gain position. "I will fight with you. I will stand with you. I don't give up easy. No matter what happens, I will have your back."
6. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit seem spiritual to outsiders. They come in talking about their prayer lives and 40-day fasts. They gather people to themselves. They exuberantly share what they see in the spirit realm. They may pray eloquent prayers and prophesy encouraging words to members over in the corner where no one else can hear. But the fruit of their lives do not correspond to what they profess.
7. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit seek to isolate the leader from others who can speak into their lives and especially prophetic people who could identify them.
8. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit pit people against each other in the ministry—and will ultimately pit people against you. People who threaten them are set up and chased out.
9. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit seeks to surround themselves with people who will pander to their stories of self-pity, blame, and playing victim. Those who call them out on the truth will become their next target and be painted out as the villain to others.
10. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit are never wrong. The problem is always with someone else and never them. If they do repent, it's a false repentance to stay on your good side.
11. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit seem humble, but it's false humility—it's a religious spirit.
12. People influenced by the Jezebel spirit really feel self-important. Remember, that woman Jezebel called herself a prophetess (Rev. 2:20). They have to have their way—and they manipulate to get it.
13. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit will not be accountable to anyone. If anyone tries to bring accountability, they accuse them of being a Jezebel.
14. People with a Jezebel spirit look for those who are hurt and wounded or insecure and become their prophet, teacher and spiritual guide. They draw people to themselves, who become their eunuchs.
15. People with a Jezebel spirit will try to guilt you if you don't bow to their needs. They will tell you that you aren't operating in the fruit of the Spirit or acting Christlike as a ploy to get you to submit to what they want.
16. Jezebel will try to operate through people with insecurity, emotional instability, pride, arrogance, manipulation and control.
17. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit will twist the facts. They have selective memory. They are smooth and slick and almost convince you that they are right.
18. People influenced by an advanced Jezebel spirit will actually start praying witchcraft prayers against you - praying their own will rather than God's will.
Stop Tolerating Jezebel
If you discern a Jezebel spirit in your midst, confront it quickly. Time is not on your side. The longer you don't confront it, the more damage it can do. What's more if you tolerate that spirit, Jesus has issues with you. He says in Revelation 2 that if Jezebel doesn't repent, He will throw her on a sickbed and those who commit adultery with her.
If you feel sorry for Jezebel, she'll not only pull on your heart strings, but she'll play you like the proverbial fiddle. This master manipulator will seduce you into her web of witchcraft using your own compassion as bait.
Why You Shouldn't Feel Sorry For Jezebel
People influenced by a Jezebel spirit play the victim. They want your pity. The reason this seducing spirit wants your sympathy is strategic: Pity opens the door for this devil. Soulish compassion blocks discernment—but that's no excuse for tolerating Jezebel. In fact, if you tolerate a Jezebel spirit, Jesus has something against you.
In Revelation 2:20, Jesus declared, "But I have a few things against you: You permit that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat food sacrificed to idols. I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, but she did not repent."
Refuse to Operate in Soulish Compassion
Jesus has made a pathway for people in bondage to Jezebel to repent, but our soulish compassion will not lead someone to repentance. Jezebel knows this, and teaches its prey to play the victim so you'll feel sorry for them and tolerate the ungodly behavior.
Most people operating in a Jezebel spirit have a long, sad story of how they've been sorely abused; how people misunderstand them; how they've been falsely accused; how they've lived a lifetime of sickness; how churches mistreat them—or some other tall tale they remind you of as often as you'll listen. They want to form a co-dependent relationship with you so you can pet their flesh—and they can pet yours.
The entire scene is sad, truly sad. But offering soulish compassion is just a manifestation of tolerating Jezebel. And tolerating Jezebel is dangerous. Consider Christ's words in Revelation 2:22-23:
"Look! I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. I will put her children to death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the hearts and minds. I will give to each one of you according to your deeds."
Christ's Compassion Leads to Miracles
We must not tolerate Jezebel's tactics. We can not come into agreement with somebody's self-pity. Self-pity attracts devils. Many of us go through trauma and tragedy in our lives. We have two choices: submit our broken soul to the Holy Spirit so He can pour out the healing balm of Gilead or harden our hearts, choose unforgiveness and invite demons to erect strongholds in our minds.
Those operating in a Jezebel spirit chose the latter, even if they didn't understand what they were choosing. They are carrying unresolved hurts and wounds that opened the door for Jezebel to serve as a guardian when Jesus was there the whole time with outstretched arms willing to heal.
It's a tragic reality, but it doesn't have to be. People influenced by a Jezebel spirit can choose to break free - but it's a choice only they can make. We need to have Christ's compassion on people operating in a Jezebel spirit, and that means refusing to play patty cake with demons, standing strong against this spirit's manipulation and control tactics, speaking the truth in love and refusing to feel sorry for Jezebel.
We cannot tolerate this spirit for a moment. We need to point those influenced by this seducing devil to the truth that sets them free (John 8:32). Jesus is the truth (John 14:6). The entrance of His word brings light (Ps. 1119:130).
Ultimately, you can only labor so long with someone who flat out refuses to face the pain that led them to trust a spirit other than the Holy Spirit to protect them. Ultimately, if Jezebel won't repent, you have to pull back and pray. Let the Spirit of God lead you, but remember this: Jesus will never lead you to tolerate Jezebel.
Prayer To Cut Off The Influence Of Jezebel In Your Life
There is an unholy substitute for every holy thing, but we don’t focus on the unholy thing because we can’t afford for it to fill our horizon. What you focus on, you empower, and we never want to empower the work of the enemy in our lives.
So when we pray, meditate, and speak, we want our thoughts, prayers, and words to be filled with the good and holy thing that GOD wants to do. That’s why the apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 4:8: "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.”
The good and holy thing from God is ALWAYS stronger. The enemy’s attempts to pervert a good and holy thing can never, never, never overrule or outweigh the power of Who God is or of what God created. The good and holy thing is stronger, every time.
So what is the opposite of the false spirit of prophecy? The true Spirit of prophecy. And what is the true spirit of prophecy? The testimony of Jesus is the true spirit of prophecy. Release the testimony of Jesus, which is the true spirit of prophecy, into the situation. When you do, Jesus will muzzle the Jezebel spirit and drive it out.
What does it mean to release the testimony of Jesus? It means:
- Pray for Jesus to be glorified in the situation.
- Worship Jesus in spite of and over that situation.
- Worship Jesus and praise Him for being the Overcomer, the Victor, Mighty Warrior, and Lord of hosts who WINS EVERY TIME.
- Literally sing the Name of Jesus in your worship. Over and over if you have to. Sing the Name of Jesus until you sense breakthrough in the spirit realm.
- Magnify and exalt Jesus in every way in your worship.
- Thank Jesus for being in charge and for fighting the battle for you–even before you see the victory manifest.
- Pray for the humility of Jesus to be released in every person involved in the situation (Philippians 2:5-11).
- Pray that every person involved would follow the example of Jesus and submit to God and godly authority.
- Plead the blood of Jesus over every aspect of your home, family, church, and over the specific situation.
To release the testimony of Jesus, you just focus on Jesus. I mean REALLY focus on Jesus. Do it aggressively. Lift Him up. Exalt Him. Pray for everything in the situation to look JUST LIKE JESUS.
Develop a magnificent obsession with the Son of God, and focus EXCLUSIVELY on Him. As you do, you will be releasing the true spirit of prophecy over the situation that concerns you … and He will muzzle the Jezebel spirit, keep it silent and bind its influence, and drive it out.
Every knee must bow to Jesus Christ, and every tongue must confess that He is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
The Antioch Hub Team